Restore Your Smile To Perfect Condition! AT MONASHEE DENTAL CENTRE
What is a crown and can I benefit from one?
A dental crown is like a cap that covers the entire visible portion of the tooth, protecting its remaining structure and bringing back its original shape, size and color.
There are a few reasons why you might need a crown.
Severe tooth decay or large fracture
- If you have lost a large area of structure due to a cavity or a fracture/break a filling may not be enough to restore the integrity of your tooth. In this case a dental crown is a better option.
- After a root canal your tooth needs reinforcement. A dental crown is the most common way to restore its functionality.
- A dental crown is the last step to complete the implant procedure.
If you have a missing tooth or two a bridge may be right for you. They are a functional alternative to dentures. Bridges are recommended for people who:
- Are missing one or more teeth
- Have an otherwise strong and stable bite
- If you want teeth replaced but not interested in surgical treatment
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Bring back your ability to chew and speak properly
- Custom made to match your smile
- Holds the position of other teeth in the arch
- Non-removable option as opposed to dentures