Child Friendly Dentistry AT MONASHEE DENTAL CENTRE
We recommend that children have their first visit with us as soon as their first tooth appears, to avoid tooth decay and other oral health problems that can impact a child for the rest of his or her life. We create positive feelings about their visits and oral care.
Here are some helpful ideas to prepare you and your child for his/her first dental visit:
- Tell your child about their upcoming visit to the dentist.
- Explain to your child that the dentist is here to help them have strong, clean, healthy teeth and gums.
- Take a book out of the library about visiting the dentist and read it to your child.
- Be enthusiastic and convey a sense of excitement about your child’s upcoming visit.
- Come into the dental room during your child’s first dental visit.
We will answer all of your questions. We will do a dental exam at the first visit to assess your child’s teeth and surrounding tissues. You may find it helpful to read more information about our new patient exams here.
SEDATION IS AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN IF REQUIRED.
Please call us at 250-547-2104 and we will be pleased to book your child in for an appointment.
Here is a resource about Dental Care for Children with the Canadian Dental Association.
If you have any questions about your child’s health, we are here for you. Please call or email us.